Breast cancer is a well-known and well-publicized disease, but that doesn?t mean we should ignore it. That?s why the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) started Breast Cancer Awareness Month. While breast cancer sometimes does not have any pain associated with it directly, treatments can sometimes cause fatigue, discomfort, pain and other side effects. Fortunately, many of these are treatable, and we often work with patients to ensure they are as comfortable as possible as they work to get healthy.
We here at Pain and Spine Specialists want to encourage all our patients, friends, family and readers to help raise awareness of both the challenges and successes of women fighting breast cancer. NBCF offers a number of things you can do to help promote Breast Cancer Awareness Month, including:
- Download their free breast health guide found at http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/breast-cancer-awareness-month
- Share your story of how you or a loved one have been affected by breast cancer
- Host an in-person or virtual fundraiser
- Make a one-time or ongoing donation
- Share educational content on their social media platforms: Facebook,?Instagram,?Twitter,?Pinterest